This Fudgy Caramel Brownies recipe has rich caramel swirled with a chocolate fudgy brownie. A seriously to-die-for indulgent dessert.
Fudgy Caramel Brownies Recipe
Last year at one of my kids’ school functions, one of the moms brought these amazing fudgy caramel brownies. I mean, they were heavenly. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a chance to figure out who brought them and snag the recipe for myself, so I became a little obsessed with trying to replicate that heaven.
I started off using Taste of Home’s Caramel Brownie Recipe. They were pretty good, but not quite the heavenly dream that I remembered. They needed a little more fudginess (Yes, I know I just made up a word… But it fits!) So I found an amazing fudgy brownie recipe and combined it with the caramel brownie recipe, and voila! Fudgy Caramel Brownies, as wonderful as I remember them to be!
Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package caramels
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 12 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, heat the caramels and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan, stirring often, until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour caramel mixture over brownies in the baking dish, and spread evenly. Top with remaining brownie batter and spread as evenly as possible. You can swirl the caramel and brownie batter together, if you'd like.
- Return to a 350° oven for an additional 20- 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
If you liked this Caramel Brownies Recipe you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.