This Fudgy Caramel Brownies recipe has rich caramel swirled with a chocolate fudgy brownie. A seriously to-die-for indulgent dessert.
Fudgy Caramel Brownies Recipe
Last year at one of my kids' school functions, one of the moms brought these amazing fudgy caramel brownies. I mean, they were heavenly. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to figure out who brought them and snag the recipe for myself, so I became a little obsessed with trying to replicate that heaven.
I started off using Taste of Home's Caramel Brownie Recipe. They were pretty good, but not quite the heavenly dream that I remembered. They needed a little more fudginess (Yes, I know I just made up a word... But it fits!) So I found an amazing fudgy brownie recipe and combined it with the caramel brownie recipe, and voila! Fudgy Caramel Brownies, as wonderful as I remember them to be!
Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cup butter softened
- 2 ⅔ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package caramels
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread ⅔ of the mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 12 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, heat the caramels and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan, stirring often, until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour caramel mixture over brownies in the baking dish, and spread evenly. Top with remaining brownie batter and spread as evenly as possible. You can swirl the caramel and brownie batter together, if you'd like.
- Return to a 350° oven for an additional 20- 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Did you like this Caramel Brownies recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Cakes & Cupcakes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Caramel Brownies Recipe you might also like
Caramel Cream Pinwheel Cookies
Caramel Rice Krispies with Maple Glaze
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
My husband would love these!
Why did I read this at work????? I am so hungry now and didn't bring any chocolate with me....So going to try making these
That's no fun 🙁 I hope you get to make these soon so you can get your chocolate fix!!
I think I could eat the whole pan! Thanks for sharing.
Bonnie Lyn Smith says
Pinning this! Yummy! Thank you so much! I always need new ideas for feeding my junior high school Sunday School peeps! Blessings from "Espressos of Faith"!
J @ A Hot Southern Mess says
Okay, so these look way too good right now! I am almost drooling over my computer screen! Anything with caramel is my best friend! I am pinning this recipe and going to attempt it very soon! Thanks for sharing!
I would also like to invite you to join a new link up that I am co-hosting over on my blog. Your post would be a wonderful addition to the link up! Feel free to join in on the fun!
Gail Akeman says
yum yum. I need to make these
Anna @ Sunny Side ups says
Mmmm..my mouth is watering!! 🙂 In love with that gooey caramel center..Just delicious! Pinned!
Jennifer Dawn says
These look amazing! I love anything with caramel! Just wanted to let you know that these are being featured at this week's link party!
Must Love Home says
Hi there Friend, you are so creative! Thank you for joining in at the Friday Favorites Link Party! I hope to see you there this week:) Christine -Must Love Home
Oh my word these look mahvelous!!! Featuring when my party opens tonight!
Lerena Barbe says
hello, I just found your site Wow I can't wait to try the Boston creme cupcakes and the caramel brownies!!
I have my book club meeting next week....I am going to make the two recipes and take them! It will be a hit!