Frugal and freezer-friendly, this Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta Bake recipe is perfect for family dinner with kielbasa, pasta, and added veggies for extra nutrition and flavor.
Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta Bake
I mentioned before that I’ve been doing some dinner improvising to try to stay within our budget with the current price rise in meat. I’ve been trying to make more meatless meals, and I’ve also been using pork more often than beef these days.
Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta Bake is a delicious pasta recipe that’s frugal and totally freezer friendly. It’s really easy to double or triple the recipe and throw one in the oven for dinner and the others in the freezer for later. Which makes the ricotta cheese even less of a splurge, since it stretches to several meals and none will go to waste. I also really love the added veggies. The kids don’t notice because there’s so much other tasty going on, but it adds some extra crunch, flavor, and nutrition to the whole meal.
Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni noodles, cooked to package instructions
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage halved length-wise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large carrots shredded
- 1 zucchini quartered length-wise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sausage to hot butter and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, and zucchini and saute until onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine sauce sauce mixture with noodles. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- In a greased 9"x13" baking dish, layer half of the noodles, then half of the ricotta cheese mixture, and then half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers for the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
If you liked this Cheesy Kielbasa Bake recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.