Chocolate Dream Pie is a quick, easy, and simple chocolate pie recipe with creamy chocolate filling in an easy, flaky pie crust.
Chocolate Dream Pie
My love of Dream Whip started in my early baking days. I could not for the life of me figure out how to put whipped cream on a pie and have it stay fluffy! You see, I was using spray can whipped cream. I’m sure all you bakers out there are chuckling now, for you know that THAT is a recipe for pie soup. This is when my grandma introduced me to Dream Whip, which is kind of like an instant pudding, but for whipped cream. I love it. It is always the perfect consistency, STAYS the perfect consistency, and tastes great. Dream Whip is the “dream” in Chocolate Dream Pie.
So it was by divine intervention that I happened to find a box of old cookbooks at a church gathering one day. And in that box was a cookbook for recipes using Dream Whip as a main ingredient! Yay! So this recipe is a throwback (the cookbook is from 1979!). This chocolate dream pie recipe is ridiculously easy, and is a great substitute for chocolate cream pie.
New to the pie-making scene? Here are some helpful Pie Making Resources to make sure all your pies come out perfect and delicious!
- Easy No Fail Pie Crust Recipe – this easy pie crust recipe comes out perfect Every. Time. It’s my grandma’s recipe, and it’s never failed me yet!
- Rolling Out Pie Crust Tutorial – If rolling out your own homemade pie crust makes you nervous, stop right now! This easy step-by-step tutorial will tell you exactly what to do for a perfect pie crust!
- Pretty Ways to Finish Pie Crust Edges – There are so many ways to finish pie crust once you’re done rolling it out to make a truly special pie. Try some of these easy and fun ones this year!
- Must Have Pie Making Supplies – If you love pies, you need these tools so you can make them all the time at home!
Chocolate Dream Pie Recipe
Chocolate Dream Pie
- 2 envelopes of Dream Whip
- 2 3/4 cups of cold milk
- 2 packages 4 serving size instant chocolate pudding
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell see my no-fail pie crust recipe here!
- Prepare whipped topping mix according to package instructions, using 1 cup of cold milk, in a large bowl.
- Add pudding mix and the remaining milk. Beat on high until mixture forms stiffs peaks.
- Spoon mixture into cooled pie shell. Chill for 4 hours or more.
- Serve cool. Garnish with whipped cream and/or fresh fruit, such as cherries or strawberries.
If you liked this Chocolate Dream Pie Recipe, you might also like
See More Pie Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.