Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe- Creamy ranch spread and crisp, fresh cucumbers with dill on thin bread squares make a simple but delicious appetizer.
These cucumber sandwiches are seriously one of my favorite appetizer recipes! They're so dainty and elegant, but taste so good. They're ridiculously simple to make, and are great for parties and occasions. These cucumber sandwiches were on the MUST-HAVE list at both my bridal shower five years ago, and again at my sister's bridal shower, just last month.
My sister went on and on about how she hated cucumbers and didn't want them. So finally I just made some for her and forced her to try them, and guess what?! She loved them!
They make great appetizers or finger foods, and they always go really fast!
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
- 4-5 slices of bread I used whole wheat
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 large cucumber sliced thin (you'll need 16-20 slices for this recipe)
- dried dill
- With a rolling pin, roll over each slice of bread so that it's about a quarter inch thick.
- Cut off the crust with a knife or pizza cutter. Your bread will now look like a large square. Cut each slice in half length-wise, and then again width-wise. You should now have 4 small bread squares for each slice of bread (16-20 squares total).
- Your cream cheese needs to be slightly warmer than room temperature, so if it's not, place it in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Mix the ranch dressing into the cream cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each small bread square.
- Place a cucumber slice on top of each bread square.
- Sprinkle each cucumber sandwich with just a tiny pinch of dill.
- Refrigerate until cream cheese is set. Serve cool.
Did you like this Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe? Find more on my Appetizers and Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Kristina & Millie says
ohhh i love love love cucumber sandwiches! first time I had them like this was my oldest sisters wedding. Great finger food, snack or lunch 🙂
Love cucumber sandwiches! YUM!
These cucumber sandwiches look amazing and very elegant 🙂 Thank you for sharing it in the Thursday Favorite Thing link party!
Congratulations! Your recipe was selected as a Family Fun Friday Featured Food. 🙂 Thanks for participating! Visit me (the Food Hostess) at brittalafont.com on Thursday, April 9, after 1pm (Pacific time) to share the post and grab your “I Was Featured” button!
Can't wait to try these with my daughter. They will remind her of the traditional English tea we experienced once! 🙂