If you’re new to sewing or just need a quick project to pass the time, try these 56 cute, fun, and EASY sewing projects that are perfect for beginners.
Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
I like doing DIY projects, especially sewing, but I’m also a little spazzy and easily distracted. So it’s usually best I stick to short, easy sewing projects, lest I see a squirrel and start a whole new project before finishing the first one.
On a Pinterest browsing mission, I wanted to find some cute, fun, and especially easy sewing projects that simple enough for beginners or crafters who are easily distracted, like me! Here are 56 of my favorites. Some of these would make some simple sewing gift ideas for the upcoming holidays too! I can’t wait to get started (and finish!)!
56 Easy Sewing for Beginners
Click on the corresponding link for the full tutorial.
1.Easy DIY Bandana Table Cloth from The Gracious Wife
2. Toddler Bucket Hat from Coffee With Us 3
3. Colorful DIY Felt Coasters from Apple Green Cottage
4. Faux Cacti from Socks from DIY Candy
5. Washable Reusable Bowl Covers from The Gracious Wife
6. DIY Fleece Earflap Hat from Coffee With Us 3
7. Bunting Banner Tutorial from Apple Green Cottage
8. Ribbon Edge Burp Cloth from DIY Candy
9. Felt Sliced Bread from Apple Green Cottage
10. Easy Fabric Card Holders from Garden Matter
11. Cord Keepers from Frugal Family Home
12. DIY Mesh Laundry Bag from Kicking it with Kelly
13. Zipper Pouch from Apple Green Cottage
14. Spice Filled Mug Mats from Garden Matter
15. T-Shirt Pillow from Frugal Family Home
16. DIY Cat Bed from Kicking it with Kelly
17. Custom Pillowcase from Frugal Family Home
18. Fabric Pumpkins from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
19. DIY Rice Heat Packs from Organized 31
20. Quilted Tablet Cover with Zippered Pocket from So Sew Easy
21. Pillow Sham from Organized 31
22. Skillet Handle Cover from So Sew Easy
23. DIY Stay In Place Turban Towel from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
24. Felt Superhero Masks from Sometimes Homemade
25. DIY Hooded Towel for Dogs from Organized 31
26. Tooth Fairy Pocket from Sometimes Homemade
27. Scarf Tutorial for Boys from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
28. DIY Chapstick Key Chain Holder from Today’s Creative Life
29. DIY Tortilla Warmer from Today’s Creative Life
30. Hanging Dishtowels from All Free Sewing
31. Summer Inspired Flour Sack Towel from Uncommon Designs
32. Sleeping Bag for a Stuffed Animal from It’s Always Autumn
33. Lace Trimmed Tshirt Refashion from Uncommon Designs
34. Homemade Cloth Napkins from Chocolate and Zucchini
35. Nursing Bra Conversion from Beauty Through Imperfection
36. How to Make Curtains from The Country Chic Cottage
37. One Hour Picnic Quilt from Uncommon Designs
38. DIY Tea Cozy from Frugal Mom eh!
39. Easy Fabric Coasters from Feeding Big
40. DIY Cornered Table Cloth from Happy Strong Home
41. Towel Apron from Uncommon Designs
42. Pajama Pants from Living Well Spending Less
43. DIY Felt Birthday Banner from Kenarry
44. Bow Tie Tutorial from Lemon Squeezy Home
45. Simple Ruffled Linen Towel from Uncommon Designs
46. DIY Insulated Beverage Holders from Positively Splendid
47. DIY Travel Toothbrush Holder from Must Have Mom
48. Christmas Drop Cloth Pillows from Ribbons and Glue
49. Ipad Sleeve Case from Crazy Little Projects
50. Sleepover Pillowcase from Lemon Squeezy Home
51. Boot Socks from Infarrantly Creative
52. Stretchy Baby Hats with Top Knots from Make it & Love it
53. Easy Fleece Blanket from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
54. DIY Pokemon Storage Bag from Six Dollar Family
55. Secret Pocket Pillow from See Kate Sew
56. Mermaid Tail from Crazy Little Projects
If you liked these Easy Sewing Projects ideas, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.