The BEST (and easiest!) way to cook Brussels Sprouts! These Grilled Brussels Sprouts are seasoned to perfection then grilled to get that gorgeous, flavorful char.
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
If you love roasted Brussels Sprouts, then you will love this ridiculously simple grilled Brussels Sprouts recipe even more!
Brussels Sprouts are a seriously underrated side vegetable. They're healthy, easy to prepare, and delicious.
In this recipe, they are pre-cooked to make sure they're cooked all the way through to the center without getting too charred on the outside. But don't worry! It's just 3 quick minutes in the microwave!
What makes these Brussels Sprouts so good is the simple seasoning added before grilling.
Just a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh garlic, and ground mustard, adds just the right amount of salty, zesty, tangy flavor. And the rich toasty char from the grill packages the deal!
How to Pick the Best Brussel Sprouts
Try to get brussels sprouts close in size so that they'll cook uniformly, all the way through.
Also look for tight heads (closed) with no brown spots.
Brussels sprouts should be at least the size of a quarter. Smaller ones are under-developed.
How Do You Trim Brussels Sprouts?
Brussels Sprouts look like tiny little cabbages when you cut them open. They have leafy layers and a stem in the center.
To trim them, cut off the exposed stem portion. Then, cut them in half from stem to top, allowing any loose leaves to come off.
Your Brussels Sprouts are now ready for grilling! (Or roasting, or steaming...)
Do You Have to Pre-Cook Them?
Yes, you do. Otherwise, the center will still be raw when grilling. It's just a quick 3 minute prep in the microwave to make sure they're cooked all the way through!
Can I Grill Them Them Using a Foil Packet?
Absolutely! If you hate the burnt bits that can happen when cooking over an open flame, cook your brussels sprouts in foil. You can even skip the skewers and just throw them in the foil.
No need to microwave if you're using this method either. Just cook no the grill for about 20 minutes over medium-ish heat, checking for doneness and tossing or stirring every 5-7 minutes.
What Do I Serve Grilled Brussels Sprouts With?
Basically, anything! We typically serve with other dishes we cook on the grill, like our favorite maple dijon chicken or pesto chicken kabobs.
Serve them with pork chops, chicken, steak
More Summer Recipes You'll Love
- Southern Cream Coleslaw - classic southern side that's cool, crunchy and remarkable simple to make.
- Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken - sweet and tangy grilled chicken thighs.
- Chicken Pesto Kabobs - chicken and tangy tomatoes marinated in zesty dressing and brushed with pesto.
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad - creamy and cool with bits of crunchy dill pickles.
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - fan favorite recipe with everything you love about deviled eggs in a potato salad.
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place Brussels Sprouts in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 3 minutes.
- When Brussels Sprouts are cool enough to handle, slide them onto skewers with the stems facing the same direction.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Brush olive oil mixture onto prepared Brussels Sprouts.
- Place skewers onto grill. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip, then cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- This recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent them from catching fire. Or you can use the metal kind that I use.
- Instead of microwaving, you can alternately blanch in salted water for 3-5 minutes.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
So great that I can make these in a foil packet too. I love anything with an easier clean up, haha! Brussels sprouts are actually one of my husband's favorites!
Kathryn Donangelo says
Adding these to our summer BBQ list. Brussels sprouts are our favorite and they look super easy to make, thank you!
I love brussels sprouts but for some reason have never thought to grill them. Now I need to try!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
I'm going to get on this, stat! I've never thought to grill these before, but what a great idea!
We love roasted brussel sprouts in our home but I have never grilled them before. Thanks for the idea - can't wait to try these on the grill.
Looks Yum and I love brussel sprouts ,once a week we will eat them with my family ,defitinely going to try with grilled
These look SO delicious and perfect for summertime! Saving this one to make soon!!
Gita | Warrior In The Kitchen says
Looks delicious and perfect for a summer side dish!!
I love roasted Brussels sprouts normally but these grilled Brussels sprouts are even more delicious! I love their presentation too!
Hello char! I looove how grilling gives them beautifully crispy edges.
I'm so excited to try these! My husband is going to be so excited to try this! So excited to make these!
Charred brussels sprouts are one of our favourite ways to eat them! They look delicious!
Wow, such a fantastic idea to change up brussel sprouts! Can't wait to give this a try!
Claudia Lamascolo says
These were so flavorful and the whole family loved them!
We adore Brussels sprouts and these were not a disappointment! I loved the addition of the dry mustard. Perfect. Thanks!
I've never thought of grilling Brussels Sprouts before. These were so delicious- even the veggie skeptics in our house enjoyed them!
Am definitely digging this Brussels sprouts recipe. We enjoy Brussels Sprouts here and with summer grilling, this is definitely up my alley. Thanks for sharing!
I thought I'd had Brussels sprouts every way possible, but now this! Can't wait to fire up the grill.