Sweet and tangy maple dijon sauce smothered on crispy, grilled chicken to make one amazing Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken recipe for dinner!
Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken
One of my favorite easy recipes to make is this Maple Mustard Chicken. It is SO easy and SO good. Unfortunately, I don't really like cooking it in the Summer because it's baked. Too hot for an hour cook time in the hot oven. Blech. Which made me set out to find a better way. And what better way to cook during the Summer than on the grill?! And THAT'S how this yummy, tangy, and sweet Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken recipe was born. I'm so glad it was too!
This version is just as easy as it's oven-baked counter-part, you'll just cook it on the grill. To make your Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken, you'll want to whip up the maple Dijon sauce first. So in a medium mixing bowl, add maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine. Pour half of the sauce into a separate bowl, and set aside. You'll use it for serving, and you don't want to contaminate it with raw chicken while you're cooking.
You'll bring the remaining sauce, plus the chicken and a pastry brush out to the grill to cook with you. Brush your chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper, and you're ready to cook. Turn the grill on to medium heat. I like to preheat mine for a little bit so the grates will get nice and hot.
Place your chicken on the hot grill, skin side down for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes. (We'll be flipping a lot. Don't get dizzy!) Flip again and brush on some sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and add more sauce. Continue flipping and saucing every 3-5 minutes until your chicken is cooked through. If you're having a hard time, grab a meat thermometer. That's what we decided to do when we got tired of the grilling chicken roulette. When the thermometer reads 160-165F, you chicken is done!
Serve your Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken with your favorite Summer side dishes!
Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken Recipe
Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken
- 6-8 Chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and cider vinegar. Stir to combine. Separate half the sauce for serving and half for grilling. Set aside
- Start grill to medium heat.
- Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a plate to grill.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, skin side down. Grill until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Flip the chicken again. Brush with the maple Dijon sauce. Cook for 5 minutes and flip again. Repeat this step, flipping every 5 minutes and brushing more sauce, until chicken is cooked through. (Probably 2-4 more times, and a meat thermometer will read 160F-165F)
- Place cooked chicken on a clean plate for serving, and serve with the reserved Maple Dijon sauce.
If you liked this Grilled Maple Dijon Chicken recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.