Oyster Cookies with pearls are the perfect treat for a mermaid, beach, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, or under-the-sea themed party! Everything’s better under the sea, including these colorful oyster pearl cookies!
So I know that mermaids and all things under-the-sea are popular now, but I actually made these a couple years ago and forgot to share them. They were from my son’s Finding Nemo birthday party (which I also haven’t shared yet because I’ve been really slacking lately,… Eeek!). Anyway, I have every intention of sharing some more of our Nemo party (and this past winter, my daughter actually had a mermaid party so that will be fun to share too!), but today I’m just sharing these fun, adorable, and easy Oyster Cookies.
To make these Oyster Cookies, you can use any medium-sized cookie, including store-bought. Or if you’d rather do homemade, you can cut out some seashell shaped cookies with this sugar cookies recipe that holds its shape when baked! Or check out all my favorite cookie recipes here to find one that you love too!
Have fun! And be sure to post your finished creations on Instagram with #TheGraciousWife so I can see your finished creations!
Oyster Cookies Recipe
- Prepare your frosting according to the recipe above. (or use store-bought. I won't tell!) Color it with your desired colors. I used Wilton violet gel coloring for the purple, and teal with just a teeny bit of kelly green for the turquoise/teal cookies.
- Add a decorating tip to a pastry bag (I used a Wilton 2D. I love how ruffly it made it look). Place the frosting in the bags and set aside.
- Lay out half the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Pipe frosting onto each of the cookies.
- Place second cookie on top at an angle to look like an opening oyster or clam.
Add a pearl Sixlet to the front so that it looks like it's sitting in the oyster's mouth.
- Gently cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Let come to room temperature for about an hour before serving.
If you liked this Oyster Cookies Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.