Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole makes an easy family-favorite weeknight meal with tender chicken swimming in a creamy sauce topped with a buttery cracker topping.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole features tender bites of chicken in a rich creamy sauce, topped with a crispy, buttery cracker topping.
This recipe uses very basic, cheap, and easy-to-find ingredients. It's super quick and easy to make, and a dish that the whole family will love. This is good American comfort food at its finest.
How to Make a Ritz Cracker Topping for the Casserole
The topping for this casserole is made three simple ingredients: crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese. All you have to do is mix these ingredients together in a small bowl and sprinkle them on top of the casserole before baking.
Do I Have to Use Chicken Breast?
No, you can use cooked chicken thighs or buy a rotisserie chicken and chop that up instead.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole Variations
This is a basic, comforting casserole recipe that we love as is. However, here are some ways to add a little variety.
- Broccoli: You can use broccoli and/or cauliflower instead of mixed vegetables.
- Cheese: Cheese makes everything better. No reason to leave it out here. Try cheddar, Parmesan, gouda, gruyere, mozzarella, or any of your favorites that will melt well.
- Tex-Mex: Add a little southwest flavor by adding a small can of green chiles plus substituting mixed vegetables for corn and black beans.
- Jalapenos: Add some spice with some fresh chopped jalapenos. Be sure to seed them first to keep the dish from being overly spiced.
- Veggies: add any cooked leftover veggies to reduce waste and add nutrition.
What to Serve with Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
This is a super creamy chicken casserole with some veggies already mixed in. I like to add some more easy vegetables on the side, like a fresh green salad, plus some time of carb, such as rice, mashed potatoes, or prepared egg noodles. All three options are amazing with it because they soak up the creamy gravy, making the whole thing heavenly.
Can I Freezer Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
Yes! Before baking, cover and freeze for up to 3 to 6 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to recipe instructions, adding an additional 10 minutes to account for the cold dish going into the oven.
More Easy Casserole Recipes You'll Love
- Bruschetta Chicken Bake - baked chicken casserole topped with a fresh and bright bruschetta topping.
- Chicken Nacho Bake - chicken in a cheesy sauce topped with crunchy tortilla chips.
- Unstuffed Peppers - super quick and easy one-pan full meal with everything you love about stuffed peppers made simple.
- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole - hot dogs rolled up in crescent rolls smothered in chili and cheese and baked to gooey perfection.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole - a family favorite, this simple ground beef casserole has a cheesy ground beef filling, topped with warm, tender tater tots.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole Video
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken breast (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers crushed (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x13" baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add the mixed vegetables and chicken, and stir to combine.
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cracker crumbs, butter, and parmesan. Stir together, and sprinkle over chicken mixture. Sprinkle parsley on top, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, until heated through.
- Use chopped rotisserie chicken instead of breasts to save time.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer Directions: Before baking, cover and freeze for up to 3 to 6 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to recipe instructions, adding an additional 10 minutes to account for the cold dish going into the oven.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!