Sweet bell peppers stuffed with a classic cheesy ground beef and rice filling all in the Crockpot, makes these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers a family favorite! EVERYTHING goes in uncooked and comes out one delicious, cozy meal.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Everyone loves an all-in-one meal, right? And that’s exactly what these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are! With peppers, ground beef, and rice all in one easy recipe, there’s no need to deal with side dishes! Plus, you literally don’t have to cook anything in this Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers recipe. It all goes in the Crockpot uncooked, and comes out a tasty, classic, and easy meal. A busy mom’s dream.
I wanted to make a quick note about the rice in this Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers recipe. Do NOT use minute rice or you will end up with mush. Any other type of rice will do. I use long grain white rice, as called for in the recipe.
I love how the flavors in the Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers meld together into one flavorful, cheesy dish. The bright zest of the tomatoes, the warm flavors of ground beef, and the coziness of melted cheese and rice, all inside a sweet slow cooked pepper!
why its awesome
Do You Have to Cook the Ground Beef Before Adding It to the Slow Cooker?
What to Do With the Pepper Tops
Food waste is a bummer, so don’t throw away those tops after you cut them off your peppers! Here are some ways to use them so they won’t go to waste!
- Omelets – Denver omelets are my fave!
- Green salads
- Pasta salads
- Snacks, dipped into hummus
- On top of nachos
More X Recipes You’ll Love
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef uncooked
- ¾ cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar pasta sauce (24 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ounces) drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella divided (optional)
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove membranes and seeds. Place peppers standing up into the Crock Pot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including half of the cheese. Mix together with a strong spoon or clean hands.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into peppers.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5-7 hours, until ground beef is cooked and rice is tender. About 15-30 minutes before serving, top stuffed pepper with remaining cheese, then continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Cheese: I looove cheese in mine, but it’s totally optional. If you need to be dairy free, it won’t be missed!
- Rice: Very old rice that has been sitting in your pantry for who-knows-how-long takes longer to cook. For this particular recipe, you’ll want fairly new rice that has been stored well. Brown rice also takes longer to cook, so I recommend sticking with white rice.
- Ground Beef: You can also use ground pork or turkey.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.