Sweet bell peppers stuffed with a classic savory ground beef and rice filling all in the slow cooker, makes these Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers a family favorite! EVERYTHING goes in uncooked and comes out one delicious, cozy meal.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
Everyone loves an all-in-one meal, right? And that's exactly what these Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers are! With sweet bell peppers, perfectly seasoned ground beef, and warm rice all in one easy recipe, there's no need to deal with side dishes!
Plus, you literally don't have to cook anything to prep. It all goes in the Crockpot uncooked, and comes out a tasty, filling, and easy meal. A busy mom's dream.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers feature sweet bell peppers stuffed with savory ground beef and warm rice simmered in a tomato base. If you like it cheesy, add cheese in the filling and on top.
What Kind of Rice Should I Use?
White long grain rice is what's called for in these Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers, and it's what I recommend.
Shorter grain rice is too sticky, and brown rice has a longer cook time. Absolutely do not use minute rice, as it will turn to mush being cooked that long in the slow cooker.
Do You Have to Cook the Ground Beef Before Adding It to the Slow Cooker?
Nope. In fact, not cooking it allows the beefy flavor to meld better into the rice.
What to Do With the Pepper Tops
Food waste is a bummer, so don't throw away those tops after you cut them off your peppers! Here are some ways to use them so they won't go to waste!
- Omelets - Denver omelets are my fave!
- Green salads
- Pasta salads
- Snacks, dipped into hummus or ranch
- On top of nachos
What to Serve with Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers came make a pretty good, well-rounded, and filling meal by itself. But if you're looking for some extras on the side, here are some ideas.
- Toppings such as sour cream, extra cheese, or a sprinkle of fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Vegetables - Some simple steamed vegetables, sauteed zucchini and squash, or a fresh green salad will complement these peppers perfectly.
- Refried beans
- Chips and salsa or guacamole
More Slow Cooker Recipes You'll Love
- Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs - cook the Italian meatballs and the spaghetti all in the slow cooker for an easy one-pot dump and go dinner.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff - this creamy comfort food classic features tender beef and mushrooms in a creamy sauce served with warm noodles.
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf - our family favorite meatloaf adapted for the slow cooker.
- Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches - a Chicago classic cooked right in your favorite own slow cooker, with tender, juicy beef topped with cheese and giardiniera.
- Mississippi Pot Roast - the easiest and the BEST roast you'll ever make.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Video
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef uncooked
- ¾ cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar pasta sauce (24 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ounces) drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella divided (optional)
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove membranes and seeds. Place peppers standing up into the Crock Pot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including half of the cheese. Mix together with a strong spoon or clean hands.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into peppers.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5-7 hours, until ground beef is cooked and rice is tender. About 15-30 minutes before serving, top stuffed pepper with remaining cheese, then continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Cheese: I looove cheese in mine, but it's totally optional. If you need to be dairy free, it won't be missed!
- Rice: Very old rice that has been sitting in your pantry for who-knows-how-long takes longer to cook. For this particular recipe, you'll want fairly new rice that has been stored well. Brown rice also takes longer to cook, so I recommend sticking with white rice.
- Ground Beef: You can also use ground pork or turkey.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It was updated with new pictures, tips, and video and republished in October 2022.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Tracy Brookshire says
Tried these tonight awesome. But I had more stuffing mixture left. Can you make yo some and freeze whole stuff peppers for later
Can you make these the night before and then put them in the slow cooker the morning? I want to mix everything and stuff peppers the night before. Thank you!
I've never tried it, but I would guess that's okay. Let me know if you do try it.
I made this dish yesterday, and it was so delicious! Served it with mashed potatoes and garden salad for a complete and perfect meal. This will now be my go-to recipe for stuffed peppers. However, I respectfully disagree with not using minute rice. That is all I had on hand and had to use it. The end product was not even close to being mushy. This recipe is a definite keeper!
I could nit bring myself to not cook the hamburger before mixing all the ingredients. I cooked it first then Dded it all together. I made the filling the night before, had my peppers already to go for the next morning
Phillip G says
Me too, I also pre-cooked ground beef in little butter, drained and used on Colby-Jack cheese, Was delicious.
Phillip G says
Simply delicious. I'm just shy of 83 and made Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers. Only things I did different were...
browned the ground beef in little butter, and used only Colby-Jack Cheese. Was perfect.
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
Oh wow, this looks so delicious. My family is going to devour it!
I love stuffed peppers and I love the idea of cooking them in the crockpot. What a time saver at dinner time! Thanks for sharing.
I absolutely love stuffed peppers and this version is by far the easiest and tastiest version!
This recipe was so easy to make and turned out to be both flavorful and satisfying! Even my kids loved it!
Louise Cayzer says
Such a cozy and delicious recipe. I love that it can be made in the crock pot.
Such a tasty slow cooker recipe - definitely a keeper for me.
I love easy weeknight meals and this is no exception! Thank you for sharing!
Farah Abumaizar says
Yum! I love anything that's cheesy and these stuffed peppers look like they are no exception. Always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes, can't wait to try this out!
Sara Welch says
This was such a delicious and easy dish for a busy weeknight! Easily, a new favorite recipe; my whole family loved it!
This is so quick and easy!! My son asks for it every few weeks. I love that I don’t have to precook meat (I use ground sausage) or the rice. They come out perfect everytime. Thank you!