Cheese Quesadillas with Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce tastes JUST like the original. From a former Taco Bell worker and current Taco Bell Quesadilla addict.
Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
Ok. I have a little confession to make. I LOVE Taco Bell. It’s my guilty pleasure. I actually used to work at Taco Bell in college (gotta pay tuition somehow!)!
I jam-pack my kids’ meals full of fruits and veggies and protein and whole grains… And then after they’re sleeping, I have a greasy Taco Bell snack. But shhh… Don’t tell them that. My favorite go-to item is a cheese quesadilla. The only thing that really makes this quesadilla different than any other quesadilla on the street is the Taco Bell Quesadilla sauce. The creamy jalapeno sauce, or CJ sauce, as we used to call it when I worked there. So, in an effort to save money (as always) and to feel slightly less guilty about the junk-food-factor, I’ve come up with this cheese quesadilla with Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce recipe.
I had already tried a few that I found online from here and there, but they were always just slightly off. This Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce, though? It’s right on. I swear it.
Cheese Quesadilla with Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons of the water/ juice the jarred jalapenos are in
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- just a tiny pinch of granulated sugar (optional)
- cheese and tortillas for the quesadillas
- chicken or steak strips (optional)
- If you have a food processor, you can throw all of the ingredients in for the sauce, mix it up, and it's done. If you don't have a processor, you'll need to mince your jalapeno slices. Then whisk all the quesadilla sauce ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add as much cheese and sauce onto a tortilla as you'd like. Add any meat you're using. I usually just stick to the cheese only. Place another tortilla on top.
- In a medium to large skillet, fry in a tablespoon of butter (or other oil) until browned. Flip and brown the other side.
Did you like this Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe? Find more on my Appetizers and Dip it! boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.