Fudgy, gooey German Chocolate Brownies made from sweet German baking chocolate and topped with a decadent caramel-y Coconut Pecan Frosting.
German Chocolate Brownies
Mr. Gracious’ favorite cake ever is traditional German Chocolate Cake. I make it every single year for his birthday. But what he likes most about this decadent cake is the frosting. So I wanted to make an easier version that I could bake all year long, and that wouldn’t take as much time to make as a big ol’ cake. Brownies, it is!
What makes these German Chocolate Brownies special, other than the fabulous, sweet, caramel-y Coconut Pecan Frosting, is that instead of using your average cocoa powder or even regular baking chocolate, you use German baking chocolate to make this fudgy chocolate brownie treat. But don’t worry it’s not hard to find. You don’t have to special order or anything. It should be right next to the other baking chocolate in the baking aisle. I’ve seen it in almost every grocery store I’ve been to (although, Aldi’s doesn’t have it), or you can grab some here.
German Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) bar Sweet German Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Use 1 half batch of THIS FROSTING recipe.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter and chocolate and heat over low heat, stirring constantly. Continue heating and stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir to combine. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add flour and salt into the chocolate mixture, and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 9"x13" baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean with just a few fine crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and frost with Coconut Pecan Frosting.
Did you like this German Chocolate Brownies recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Cakes & Cupcakes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this German Chocolate Brownies recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.