Homemade Taffy Apples are a perfect Fall treat with homemade, gooey and sweet caramel wrapped around fresh, tart apples that the whole family will love.
Homemade Taffy Apples
When I was little, my grandma used to make these Homemade Taffy Apples every Fall with us. She baked with us a lot, but taffy apples were special because they were just once per year. It’s a fond memory for me and my sisters. All of us gathered around Grandma arguing about who gets to be the next “taffy tester.” It’s now a tradition I’m passing on to my own children, and they seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.
This is a recipe near and dear to my heart. I debated posting it at all. But I decided that if passing it along would help more families make memories, it would be worth it. I hope these taffy apples put a smile on your face and some happy Fall memories in your heart!
Homemade Taffy Apples Recipe
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 apples with sticks inserted
- In a medium saucepan, add condensed milk, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring, until taffy has thickened. The caramel will also have changed to that rich caramel color when ready. To test, fill a small bowl with cold water. Drop a bit of taffy in. If you can form it into a ball that will hold and leaves little residue, you've hit the sweet spot.
- When it reaches the soft ball stage, remove from heat. Add margarine and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer or whisk vigorously until well blended.
- When caramel is ready, dip apples in and twist to cover the whole apple. Place on foil or wax paper to allow to cool and stiffen.
I also have this super simple Crockpot Caramel Apples version that you’ll love!
If you liked this Homemade Taffy Apples recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.