Make your own Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn with warm, sweet oven baked caramel corn, drizzled in milk chocolate and white chocolate for a to-die-for treat.
Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn
Every Christmas, Mr. Gracious’ grandma gets all her kids and grandkids and grandkids-in-law this amazing Popcornopolis Zebra Popcorn. It’s caramel corn covered in chocolate and white chocolate and it is by far the best popcorn you will ever eat. If you’ve never had Popcornopolis Zebra Popcorn, you absolutely must stop reading and go get some Zebra Popcorn RIGHT NOW.
Okay. So have you now experienced this heavenly caramel-chocolate popcorn goodness? It’s addictive, right? Unfortunately, the price is a little steep, so it gets expensive to feed this little addiction. Unless… You can make your own Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn at home for much cheaper than the original.
Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn is just about as good as Popcornopolis’ version, and it will definitely hold me over each year until I get that delightful cone bag at Christmas! Homemade oven baked caramel corn is drizzled with milk and white chocolate to make a to-die-for heavenly treat. Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn also makes a pretty delicious homemade Christmas gift too! Much better than those tins from the store!
Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 3-4 quarts white popped popcorn
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir until fully combined.
- Lay popcorn out on two cookie sheets. (Half on one and half on the other. You can use one for all of it, but I find I have an easier time stirring if I use two.)
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn. Stir to cover the popcorn.
- Bake in a 200° oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool on foil or wax wax paper.
- When caramel corn is completely cooled, prepare the chocolate. Place milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval, until completely melted.
- Transfer melted milk chocolate to small plastic baggie. Seal.
- Cut a small corner off the bag and drizzle milk chocolate over popcorn.
- Repeat steps 8-10 with white chocolate chips.
- Allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving.
Did you like this Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Christmas Cookies boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Homemade Zebra Caramel Popcorn recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.