Butterfinger pie is an easy no bake dessert with an Oreo crust and a creamy peanut butter and Butterfinger filling. Make it in just 20 minutes!
Butterfinger Pie has officially been dubbed a new favorite in this house. And why wouldn't it be?!
Butterfinger pie has a creamy peanut butter filling with Butterfinger pieces folded right in. It sits in a decadent chocolate crust, and is topped with fluffy whipped topping.
Because Butterfingers are so easy to crush, their flavor permeates into the filling and it really tastes like a Butterfinger! So it's pretty much heaven.
Most impressively, it is NO bake. Not one second of oven time for this tasty pie!
This Butterfinger Pie has an Oreo crust. This is my favorite Oreo crust recipe here.
If you're not a fan of Oreos, you can also use the same recipe for other types of crunchy cookies or graham crackers.
I recommend making your own Oreo crust. It's super fast and easy, with no baking required. But if you're in a hurry, you can also opt to buy a pre-made one from the store.
Can You Make Butterfinger Pie Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can! Make it the day before, then keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can also freeze Butterfinger pie! Prepare the pie according to the recipe instructions. After it sets completely in the refrigerator, wrap the whole pan in 1 layer of plastic wrap, then 1 layer of aluminum foil. Butterfinger Pie freezes wonderfully for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, then slice and serve.
Can I Make Butterfinger Pie Gluten Free?
Yes. Original Butterfingers are gluten free, so the only thing in the recipe with gluten is the Oreo crust. You can substitute out the Oreos for gluten free chocolate cookies or sandwich cookies, or even gluten free graham crackers.
Can You Use Real Whipped Cream Instead of Whipped Topping?
Absolutely. You'll need about 1 cup heavy whipping cream, which will double after whipped. Try this easy recipe to make homemade whipped cream.
More No Bake Pie Recipes You'll Love
- Snickers Caramel Apple Salad - a dessert salad for candy lovers. Another great recipe to use up Halloween candy!
- Pumpkin Silk Pie - super creamy no bake pumpkin pie!
- No Bake S'mores Cheesecake - graham cracker crust, marshmallow cheesecake, and a decadent chocolate chocolate topping.
- Banana Cream Cheesecake - a creamy no-bake twist on a classic with layers of no bake cheesecake and banana cream pie filling.
- No Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake - no bake pumpkin cheesecake with chocolate chips and a chocolate Oreo crust.
- 1 Oreo crust prepared
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Butterfingers coarsely chopped
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 ounces) thawed, divided
- Prepare the Oreo crust according to instructions. Set aside in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat again until fully combined.
- Set aside ⅓ cup chopped Butterfingers. Fold in remaining Butterfinger pieces and half the Cool Whip.
- Spread filling into prepared crust. Spread remaining Cool Whip on top, and sprinkle with reserved Butterfingers.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving to allow to set.
- Chocolate lover? Substitute Nutella for peanut butter for an extra chocolatey pie.
- Butterfingers: You can use any size, as long as it comes out to about 12 ounces.
- Whipped cream: I sometimes like to use homemade whipped cream instead of whipped topping. You can use this recipe for whipped cream, and you'll need about 1.5 cups prepared.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce for a super decadent garnish.
- Storage: Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make Ahead Directions: Prepare the pie the day before. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare the pie according to the recipe instructions. After it sets completely in the refrigerator, wrap the whole pan in a layer of plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, then slice and serve.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!