This quick and easy Honey Cinnamon Butter only has 4 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make! It's light, creamy, and sweetly spiced flavors will have you dreaming of soft rolls and biscuits all day long!
Honey Cinnamon Butter
This honey cinnamon butter is even better than the original restaurant version it was modeled after.
It uses only 4 ingredients (three of which are in the title!): honey, cinnamon, butter, and a pinch of salt. And it really is that easy! Just whip them all together for a scrumptious, sweet compound butter with the delicate sweet taste of honey spiced with cinnamon in a creamy, fluffy butter.
It's the perfect way to take rolls, bread, or toast from good to GREAT, and it makes an excellent holiday gift! Try it with these copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls.
Salted or Unsalted Butter?
Unsalted! While salted could be used in a pinch, unsalted is preferred because it gives you complete control of the overall flavor of your recipe. This is especially important in certain recipe where the pure, sweet cream flavor of butter is key, like this honey cinnamon butter!
Why Is There No Powdered Sugar in This Recipe?
Honey is already sweeter than powdered sugar. I didn't want to make it overwhelmingly sweet, and I didn't want it to become frosting. Without the powdered sugar, you can taste the delicate honey flavor a little better, and you lose nothing in the way texture.
What Do You Put Honey Cinnamon Butter On?
In my opinion, this honey cinnamon butter should be slathered on everything. Here are some more specific ideas.
- Homemade Texas Roadhouse Rolls - just like the restaurant, but at home!
- Buttermilk Biscuits - flaky mile-high biscuits that are heavenly with a big smear of honey cinnamon butter
- French Toast
- Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread - the extra cinnamon and sweetness in the butter makes classic cinnamon swirl bread to-die-for.
- Cornbread - whether you're a sweet cornbread fan or not, all cornbread deserves some of this butter.
- Plain ol' toast - because sometimes simple, quick, and easy wins the day!
- Baked or mashed sweet potatoes - accentuate the sweetness of sweet potatoes with the cinnamon and honey in this compound butter.
- Coffee cake
- English muffins or bagels
- Oatmeal - a dollop with your morning oatmeal and a handful of fresh berries makes the perfect breakfast.
How to Make Honey Cinnamon Butter Look Pretty
Making honey cinnamon butter look pretty is not mandatory, but for a pretty presentation to add a special touch to the table, you can try some of these ideas.
- Serve in a pretty bowl. Very simple and easy to do. Just transfer to a little pretty bowl or two and spread evenly or scoop using a small cookie scoop.
- Pipe - Transfer butter into a piping bag, and use a tip to pipe into a bowl, or into individual servings. For a more ruffled look, use a closed star tip like 1M. For individual dollops, I recommend using a 4B tip.
- Butter board - On a charcuterie-style board, spread, scoop, or pipe the butter. Then drizzle with honey, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with a spreader knife for an elegant, unique, and fun presentation.
How to Store Honey Cinnamon Butter
Honey cinnamon butter can be stored on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Do You Have to Refrigerate Cinnamon Honey Butter?
If you think it will take you longer than 3 days to eat this cinnamon butter, then yes you should store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. I store mine in a small mason jar.
Can You Freeze it?
Yes! Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave in the refrigerator or counter overnight. Do not microwave, as it will melt and become soupy.
More Spreadable Recipes You'll Love
- Lemon Butter - a sweet compound butter with fresh lemon.
- Whipped Strawberry Butter - a light and fluffy sweet butter made with fresh strawberries.
- Crockpot Apple Butter - spiced apples sweetened with brown sugar and slow-cooked to perfection
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Spread - a savory spread perfect for dipping, crackers, or bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon seasoned with fresh lemon and dill.
- Pimento Cheese - a creamy comfort food classic spread made with freshly grated cheese and pimento peppers.
Honey Cinnamon Butter Video
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Whisk together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate to store.
- Butter: Salted butter can be used in a pinch, but unsalted is preferred.
- Storage: Store on the countertop for up to 3 days or covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Freezer: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave in the refrigerator or counter overnight. Do not microwave, as it will melt and become soupy.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in April 2017. It was updated with new tips and video and republished in November 2022.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!