Creamy and warm with a kick of spicy, this Jalapeno Popper Soup recipe makes eating appetizers for dinner totally okay! Tastes just like the real thing, topped with crunchy garlic croutons for the perfect touch.
Jalapeno Popper Soup
As I may have mentioned before, I’m a big snack food fan. I really feel like appetizers should be an acceptable dinner option! And that’s exactly where my mind was at while creating this Jalapeno Popper Soup recipe! Delicious, creamy, warm, and a kick of spicy, just like your favorite Jalapeno Poppers, only now it’s a soup with some added veggies, making it a totally acceptable dinner option!
Top this tasty Jalapeno Popper Soup with crumbled garlic croutons to make it taste just like the real thing. Some gooey melted cheese is also an excellent addition.
Jalapeno Popper Soup Recipe
Jalapeno Popper Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 3-5 garlic cloves
- 1 12 ounce jar jalapeno slices, coarsely chopped with jarred juices saved
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons for topping
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Place onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and jalapeno slices (not juices) in the stockpot with the butter. Saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, add flour and stir to combine. Allow to heat for about 2 minutes until mixture is heated and golden.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth to the flour mixture, a little at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Stir in milk and jarred jalapeno juices. Allow mixture to heat through, and thicken slightly, about 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When mixture is hot and thickened, add the cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Serve warm topped with croutons. To freeze, place in a freezer storage container, and place in the freezer until ready for use.
If you liked this Jalapeno Popper Soup Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.