Creamy and warm with a kick of spicy, this Jalapeno Popper Soup recipe makes eating appetizers for dinner totally okay! Tastes just like the real thing, topped with crunchy garlic croutons for the perfect touch.
Jalapeno Popper Soup
As I may have mentioned before, I'm a big snack food fan. I really feel like appetizers should be an acceptable dinner option! And that's exactly where my mind was at while creating this Jalapeno Popper Soup recipe! Delicious, creamy, warm, and a kick of spicy, just like your favorite Jalapeno Poppers, only now it's a soup with some added veggies, making it a totally acceptable dinner option!
Top this tasty Jalapeno Popper Soup with crumbled garlic croutons to make it taste just like the real thing. Some gooey melted cheese is also an excellent addition.
Jalapeno Popper Soup Recipe
Jalapeno Popper Soup
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 medium jalapenos seeded and finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons for topping
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon pieces, leaving drippings in the pot, to a paper towel. Set aside bacon.
- To the pot with drippings, add onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook for about 3 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in cream cheese until fully melted and combined.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken stock, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring to mix. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer.Add the cheese and chicken to the pot and stir to mix in, melting the cheese into the sauce.Continue to simmer for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together, stirring occasionally. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.Top with crispy bacon before serving.
- Uncover and stir in cream. Bring back up to a low simmer.
- Stir in shredded cheddar and paprika. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crispy bacon and croutons before serving warm.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop in a large pot.
- Freezer Directions: To freeze, allow soup to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3-6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in a large pot on the stovetop
If you liked this Jalapeno Popper Soup Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.