Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake – The richest, most delicious chocolate cake on the PLANET with moist chocolate cake and a decadent fudge frosting. An absolute must-try for chocolate lovers!
Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake
We had another birthday this week! My Baby Boy turned THREE! Baby Boy is my chocolate fiend, so this Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake is perfect for him. Seriously people. This is the richest, chocolatey-est cake on the planet. Pictures just do NOT do it justice. If you’re a choco-holic, you absolutely must try this cake. Moist, rich chocolate cake is topped with a decadent fudge frosting. It’s just amazing.
Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake is also really simple to make, right down to the short 15 minute baking time!
Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk or half & half
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 3½ cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, water, and ¼ cup cocoa powder. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add to flour mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add egg mixture to chocolate-flour mixture and stir until everything is fully combined.
- Bake at 350° on a greased baking sheet for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in milk and cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in powdered sugar.
- Pour over warm cake. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Did you like this Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake Recipe? Find more on my Cakes & Cupcakes and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.