Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe- Chicken, gnocchi, and spinach in this creamy soup tastes just like the restaurant, right in your own home!
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
I am an avid soup lover! It’s a whole meal in a bowl. Whenever we go to Olive Garden, I like to order the “soup, salad, and bread sticks” for my meal. Mmm. Just so good. Unfortunately, we don’t live all that close to an Olive Garden, so we don’t get there much. I really wanted to be able to eat these tasty foods more often, though, so I decided to make Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup! It’s pretty darn close, if you ask me.
I’ve made Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup before, but it wasn’t quite right. Close, but not the real deal. So what was the secret to turning this Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup from meh to wow?! Why, it was just the addition of just a tiny bit of ground thyme. It made the flavor Spot. On. to Olive Garden’s!
I also have an amazing Alfredo recipe, if you’re like me and you like to dunk your bread sticks in it.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup celery
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) half-and-half
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 cups spinach
- ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, melt butter and saute onions, celery, carrots, and garlic over medium heat.
- When the onions become translucent, add the flour and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the half-and-half while stirring to prevent lumps. Lower heat and allow to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a separate pot according to package instructions. You can easily tell when the gnocchi is cooked because it will float to the top. When done, remove from heat, drain the water, and set aside.
- When soup mixture has thickened, slowly add in the chicken broth, stirring to combine.
- Add the chicken, gnocchi, spinach, thyme, and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Allow spinach to wilt a bit and soup to heat through before serving.
Did you like this Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe? Find more on my Soups and Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.