Warm and cozy, these Maple Cinnamon Cookies have a crunchy outside from the crystallized maple syrup and a soft, chewy cookie inside. Must try for maple lovers!
Maple Cinnamon Cookies
Maple and Cinnamon go together like two peas in a pod, don’t they? But they’re way more delicious and decadent than peas, that’s for sure. And these Maple Cinnamon Cookies fit the decadent bill perfectly!
Maple Cinnamon Cookies are cozy and warm with a crunchy outside from the maple syrup crystallizing, and a soft, chewy cookie inside. Maple Cinnamon Cookies are perfect for Fall, but they’re also always a hit when I make them for Christmas cookies. If you love maple, these Maple Cinnamon Cookies are a must try!
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Let me know in the comments!
Maple Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, chilled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until the dough begins to form pea-sized balls.
- Add ¼ cup maple syrup, egg, and maple flavoring and mix again just until combined and dough can be formed into a ball.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll chilled dough in small balls (about an inch to an inch-and-a-half). Drop in a mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and roll the cookie ball until fully coated in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Make a criss cross pattern on the cookies with a fork to flatten them.
- Lightly brush the cookies with the remaining maple syrup using a pastry brush.
- Bake at 325° for about 13-17 minutes.
Did you like this Maple Cinnamon Cookies recipe? Find more on my Christmas Cookies and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Maple Cinnamon Cookies recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.