Use this classic Southern Corn Pudding recipe to whip some delicious, cozy comfort food that’s the perfect side dish with your favorite meat and potatoes. Also great for potlucks and holidays!
Southern Corn Pudding
Time for another of my southern favorites. I looove corn pudding. It’s such a yummy comfort food. We make it for Thanksgiving every year, and I wish we ate it more often than we do, really. I may or may not have eaten most of the batch that I used to take pictures. The children made me share. And my baby nephew couldn’t get enough of it (corn is one of his favorites).
But I digress. This Southern Corn Pudding recipe is super easy to make and delicious for holidays and potlucks, and comes straight from my husband’s southern Granny’s cookbook. Serve this cozy side dish warm with your favorite meat and potatoes.
Southern Corn Pudding Recipe
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Colby-Jack cheese (4-8 ounces)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together, cornbread mix, cream cheese, butter, egg, salt and pepper, just until combined.
- Fold in both cans of corn and cheese.
- Pour mixture into a flat 2-quart dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes, until corn pudding is set. Inserting a toothpick should come out almost clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Did you like this Southern Corn Pudding Recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Southern Corn Pudding recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.