With simple ingredients and classic breakfast flavors, this is the BEST easy Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe that’s perfect for family and company.
Easy Egg Breakfast Casserole
Our family loves breakfast for every meal, but I’ll be honest and admit I don’t really like cooking it. No matter how I time it or how many griddles and skillets I use, someone is always either still waiting for their food or eating cold food. I don’t know. Is it just me? Why can’t I get this fried-egg-cooking-thing down?
Anyway, I’ve been getting clever with ways to cook breakfast in all at once, like in my Denver Omelet Casserole or this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. But if you need a go-to simple, easy breakfast casserole, THIS is the one. This Easy Egg Breakfast Casserole has the simplest of ingredients, is totally easy to prep, and will never disappoint in the warm, comforting, breakfast food flavor department. Bookmark this breakfast casserole recipe right now. I guarantee you’ll be making it again soon!
Easy Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar just a pinch!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 12 slices of bread
- In a large bowl, add all eggs. Begin beating to break up the yolks and scramble slightly
- Add milk, mustard, salt, and sugar and continue beating until fully combined.
- Add 1 cup cheese and the sausage to the egg mixture. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish, place slices of bread in 2-3 layers (depending on the size of your bread. I usually only get 2 layers out of mine).
- Pour egg mixture on top of bread layers. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 45 minutes or until cooked through
Did you like this Easy Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Easy Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe, you might also like
See More Breakfast Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.