These Caramel Swirl Cookies are a wonderful combination of a soft, chewy cookie swirled with sweet, creamy caramel. They make an impressive dessert for the holidays!
Caramel Swirl Cookies
Caramel and cream. Dulce de leche. Whatever you call it, it’s heavenly. These Caramel Swirl Cookies feature a soft, chewy cookie swirled with sweet and creamy caramel. They look and taste impressive, but they’re ridiculously easy to make. Caramel Swirl Cookies are always a hit when I make them for Christmas and the holidays. I rarely even have any left to bring home!
Caramel Swirl Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2¾ flour
- 30 caramels
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and maple flavoring.
- Gradually add flour and mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Melt caramels in a mixing bowl in the microwave in 45 second intervals, until melted and smooth. Stir in cream cheese until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each portion between two 12"x10" sheets of wax paper to about a ¼-inch thickness.
- Spread caramel mixture over dough, leaving a half inch of dough exposed at the ends to seal.
- Roll up tightly jelly roll style (like a cinnamon roll) and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into ¼-inch slices, and place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
For more amazing Christmas Cookies, check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this Caramel Swirl Cookies recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.