Why they’re awesome
Best Sprinkles for Funfetti Cupcakes
Best Frosting for Funfetti Cupcakes
How to Make Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
- cake flour sub
- how to store
- make dairy free
- different colored sprinkles for different holidays red/white/blue, red/green
More X Recipes You’ll Love
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
Best Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Buttercream Frosting
- 1 batch buttercream frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add butter to dry mixture and cut in until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Add to the dry mixture in two additions, stirring until just combined.
- Fold rainbow sprinkles into batter.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of batter into lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 375-degrees for about 16-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven. Leave them in the tin for about 5 minutes to set before removing to a cooling rack.
- When cupcakes are done baking, prepare the buttercream with this recipe. (or your favorite frosting! See notes below.) Frost the cupcakes. Top with more sprinkles.
Bright rainbow sprinkles and a soft, buttery cupcake make these the BEST homemade Funfetti Cupcakes. Fluffy vanilla homemade funfetti cupcakes that are worlds better than anything you will find in a box!
Best Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
Now, I know that there have to be like a million recipes for funfetti cupcakes out there. They’re a classic! Plus, they’re so pretty and fun, as is anything with sprinkles. But I just wanted to share my favorite go-to recipe for the best homemade funfetti cupcakes. I’ve spent a lot of time in the past decade-and-a-half searching for that perfect cake recipe that won’t let me down. A soft, fluffy, buttery cupcake that makes your mouth water. And, well, this is it.
Making these funfetti cupcakes is really easy. There is one part that might cause a little hiccup if you’re unfamiliar with the procedure, and that is the cutting in of the dry ingredients and the butter. I use a pastry cutter for this, and just keep pushing it into the mixture until it’s nice and crumbly. You can also use a fork the same way with similar results. Or I had a friend who uses two butter knives, criss-crossing them to chop the butter into smaller pieces and combine it with the flour. No need to try to make the crumbles super small. Pea-sized or a little bigger is good.
Once you have your butter cut in, you just have to finish stirring in the rest of the ingredients.
Top with your favorite frosting. And sprinkles are a must!
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.