These Berries and Cream Cupcakes are made with a moist vanilla cupcake with strawberries and blueberries mixed in, filled with strawberry preserves, and topped with whipped cream cheese frosting and more fresh berries for a cupcake that is not only delicious, but perfect for summer!
Berries and Cream Cupcakes
Feeling a little springy this week, or maybe it’s just wishful thinking. But I wanted to share these pretty Berries and Cream Cupcakes that remind me of sunshine, fresh ripe berries, and a dreamy, creamy dessert.
These Berries and Cream Cupcakes are made with a basic fluffy vanilla cupcakes recipe with strawberries and blueberries folded into the batter and baked. This cupcake recipe is a little different than some cupcake recipes because it starts with the dry ingredients and then cuts in the butter. You can use a pastry cutter to do this. Even if you’ve never used one, it’s still really simple. You’re just trying to cut together the butter and sugar mixture to make it crumbly and combined. You can also use a fork or criss-cross two knives together to get the same effect. Of course, you’re also welcome to use store bought cake mix, but the homemade recipe is oh-so-much better.
The berry cupcakes are then topped with this super sweet and creamy cream cheese frosting. Then some more berries are nestled in on top. They turned out so pretty. And the red, white, and blue can be festive for 4th of July or Memorial Day too.
While we wait for summer, we can enjoy a fresh, creamy, decadent treat!
Berries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Berries and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
For the frosting and decorating
- 1/2 batch my favorite cream cheese frosting
- Strawberries and blueberries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease and line a standard muffin pan. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (first 4) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and cut in until crumbly. Set aside
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry in two additions, stirring between each addition.
- Gently fold in chopped strawberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Scoop batter evenly into each muffin cup. Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 16-18 minutes, until they're lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the middle cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven. After 5 minutes, remove from pan to finish cooling before for frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with my favorite recipe for a pipeable cream cheese frosting.
- Top with additional strawberries and blueberries.
If you liked this Berries and Cream Cupcakes recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.