A super simple but absolutely delicious Southern Pecan Pie recipe. I make these for the holidays every year, and they are amazing! A gooey, caramel-like filling is topped with crunchy pecans, all in a perfect, flaky crust.
Southern Pecan Pie
This Southern Pecan Pie looks difficult to make, but believe me, it’s ridiculously simple and tastes amazing. I whipped this one up this morning right after I dropped the boys off at preschool and before Princess woke up from her nap! And Southern Pecan Pie is always a favorite during holiday family gatherings.
If you’re looking for an awesome pie crust recipe, I suggest you check out my Easy No-Fail Pie Crust. It only has 3 ingredients and comes out perfect, flaky, and delicious every time. You’ll only need a bottom crust, so you can freeze the other half to save for later.
New to the pie-making scene? Here are some helpful Pie Making Resources to make sure all your pies come out perfect and delicious!
- Easy No Fail Pie Crust Recipe – this easy pie crust recipe comes out perfect Every. Time. It’s my grandma’s recipe, and it’s never failed me yet!
- Rolling Out Pie Crust Tutorial – If rolling out your own homemade pie crust makes you nervous, stop right now! This easy step-by-step tutorial will tell you exactly what to do for a perfect pie crust!
- Pretty Ways to Finish Pie Crust Edges – There are so many ways to finish pie crust once you’re done rolling it out to make a truly special pie. Try some of these easy and fun ones this year!
- Must Have Pie Making Supplies – If you love pies, you need these tools so you can make them all the time at home!
Southern Pecan Pie Recipe
- pie crust unbaked. (Check out my No-Fail Pie Crust Recipe)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Roll out pie crust and lay into a greased 9 inch pie pan.
Combine eggs, corn syrup, butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together.
Stir in pecans.
Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove pie from oven and cover crust with foil. Just cover the edges so the rest of the pie continues to bake without burning the crust. Place pie back in the oven for another 20-30 minutes. The outer edge of the pie will be puffed, and the inside will only be slightly jiggly.
Cool completely before serving to allow to set.
If you liked this Southern Pecan Pie Recipe, you might also like
See More Pie Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.