Rich and moist Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes are topped with a sweet caramel frosting. These festive cupcakes have all your favorite Fall flavors and would be a delicious non-pie addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table.
Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
I know so many people are done with Fall and looking towards Christmas, but I just can’t yet. For one, if my ADD brain starts on Christmas, my family will show up on Thanksgiving and wonder where all of the pies and turkey are. (There will be none… because I was busy with Christmas squirrels!) And also, I just like Fall. And Thanksgiving. And pie. So I’m going to stick with it for the last 2 weeks that I have!
This week is also my daughter’s birthday. The LAST birthday in our birthday season every year! So after her party this weekend, I will finally be able to focus my attention on Thanksgiving! But I still have cupcakes on the brain. And what better way to combine all of these things than with delicious Fall cupcakes?!
I’ve teamed up with a group of other amazing bloggers to bring you some tasty and inspiring Fall cupcakes that are the perfect non-pie Thanksgiving desserts, if I do say so myself. Of course, they’re yummy all Fall long… but just in case you felt like you needed a really good reason to make cupcakes… I don’t think you can beat Thanksgiving!
The Fall cupcake recipe that I’m sharing is Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes topped with a sweet caramel frosting. And boy are they good. Rich and moist and all decked out with traditional Fall flavors that everyone loves!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Fall cupcakes recipe at the bottom of this post!
Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes Recipe
Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups pureed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor Optional
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
For the Caramel Frosting
- Make 1 batch of my caramel frosting recipe here
- In a large mixing bowl, place butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture, beating between each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Whisk together to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and stir again until just combined.
- Next, add sweet potatoes, buttermilk, vanilla, and maple to the mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased and lined cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting with caramel frosting.
- Garnish with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.