Make this easy, make-ahead overnight Denver Omelet Casserole recipe for a simple and easy egg breakfast casserole that's guaranteed to be a hit.
Denver Omelet Casserole
Denver Omelets are one of my absolute favorite breakfasts. I'm a savory kind of breakfast girl and an omelet really hits the spot. So I thought why not take my favorite Denver omelet and make it into an easy egg breakfast casserole?!
This Denver Omelet Casserole is simple to make, can be made ahead and left overnight, and is guaranteed to be a breakfast hit no matter the occasion.
Denver Omelet Casserole Recipe
Denver Omelet Casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf of bread, cubed or broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound ham cooked and diced (about 3 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 10 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ham, peppers, and onion and toss together to combine.
- In a lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, then half of the ham mixture, and finally half of the shredded cheddar. Repeat layers to use up remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and black pepper. Beat until fully combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, ham, and cheese layers in baking dish. Cover dish with foil, and gently push down to full soak the bread in the egg mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover. Top with sliced scallions.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60, until cooked through.
Did you like this Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole recipe? Find more on my Breakfast and Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole recipe, you might also like
Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole
See More Breakfast Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Sue Donaldson says
PERFECT FOR THIS FRIDAY - THANKS!
I have the worst time coming up with delicious breakfast recipes for my morning loving husband. This looks to fit the bill perfectly. Thanks for posting!!
This is great! I love delicious breakfasts that I don't actually have to make in the morning : )
I would love it if you would consider sharing this on my weekly Link Up:
Hope to see you there! : )