Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles with creamy, salty peanut butter covered in decadent chocolate and festive sprinkles will be the hit at your Christmas party.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
I see so many truffles around the holidays! They are all so fantastic, I just had to try my hand at creating my own, which is where this Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles idea came from. The concept was similar to peanut butter cups, only I added Ritz crackers to give it an extra salty savory kick. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles came out delightfully, perfect for all peanut butter lovers!
One note I do have is that my processor was not large enough to accommodate all the ingredients. So I just did it in halves. Half the crackers, half the peanut butter, half the cream cheese. Then dumped it into a bowl and repeated for the second half. Depending on the size of your processor, you might consider doing the same. (Or just halve the recipe completely!)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1 box of Ritz crackers (13.7 oz)
- 1 heaping cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package Reese's mini peanut butter cups (9.2 oz), cut into quarters
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Optional: sprinkles
- Place Ritz crackers in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs.
- Add peanut butter and cream cheese and process again until everything is smooth and fully combined.
- Remove cracker mixture to a large mixing bowl and gently fold in Reese's cups.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out peanut butter mixture and form into balls.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each peanut butter ball in chocolate. Be sure to fully coat it, then place on a sheet of wax paper. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
For more amazing Christmas Cookies Recipes, check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles recipe, you might also like:
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.