Sweet and Tangy Mustard Chicken -sweet maple syrup and tangy mustard come together over chicken. Super quick prep time makes it a weeknight winner
Sweet and Tangy Mustard Chicken
Looking for something to do with that chicken sitting in your freezer? Need something easy to throw on the dinner table after a long day that does NOT taste like cardboard? Look no further! This sweet and tangy Maple Mustard Chicken recipe is super easy and super delicious. It is so flavorful, too. We never even have leftovers when I make it here!
Sweet maple syrup and tangy mustard are whisked together to create a flavorful sauce, then dumped over chicken thighs where the sugar crystallizes to make a slightly crunchy crust. I like to dip my maple mustard chicken in the sweet, tangy gravy left in the pan. It’s oh-so-good. We usually eat this with yummy Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans (pictures).
Let me know if it’s as big a hit at your house as it is at mine!
Sweet and Tangy Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- First mix your mustard and maple syrup.
- Mix in the vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Season your chicken with a little salt and pepper and place in a lined baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and brush on with a pastry brush. Or, you could just use a spoon to spoon it on. Just make sure all the chicken is covered. If you're making this as a freezer meal, stop here. Cover and freeze, and when you're ready to eat, thaw and then follow the rest of the directions.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 1 hr, or until chicken is cooked through. At about 30 minutes, take the chicken out and brush the sauce over it once more. The sauce will just be starting to crust.
- Serve warm.
If you liked this Sweet and Tangy Mustard Chicken Recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.