Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Potato Pie recipe with golden toasted marshmallows and sweet potatoes in a flaky crust. A classic sweet potato pie recipe with a gooey, sweet, marshmallow twist!
Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Potato Pie
You know that delicious candy-like sweet potato casserole recipe that is just to die for and only ever gets made during the holidays? It’s one of my faves. Yours too? (This reminds me that I really wanted to share my recipe for it. I’ll have to take pictures when I make it this year so I can share…) Anyway, I found a recipe for homemade sweet potato pie in Mr. Gracious’ grandma’s old cookbook, and I wanted to try it. I’ve never actually tried sweet potato pie before but I figured if it tasted anything like its sweet potato casserole friend, I’d be in for a treat.
So, basically my strategy here was to Granny’s classic sweet potato pie recipe with my grandma’s flaky no fail crust and put some toasted marshmallows on top. Thanksgiving pie perfection. You can broil your marshmallows for shorter or longer depending on how you like them. I actually like my marshmallows a little closer to golden brown than they are pictured here, but my little munchkins got me distracted, so the marshmallows got extra toasty. But it really didn’t matter because it still tasted delicious!
New to the pie-making scene? Here are some helpful Pie Making Resources to make sure all your pies come out perfect and delicious!
- Easy No Fail Pie Crust Recipe – this easy pie crust recipe comes out perfect Every. Time. It’s my grandma’s recipe, and it’s never failed me yet!
- Rolling Out Pie Crust Tutorial – If rolling out your own homemade pie crust makes you nervous, stop right now! This easy step-by-step tutorial will tell you exactly what to do for a perfect pie crust!
- Pretty Ways to Finish Pie Crust Edges – There are so many ways to finish pie crust once you’re done rolling it out to make a truly special pie. Try some of these easy and fun ones this year!
- Must Have Pie Making Supplies – If you love pies, you need these tools so you can make them all the time at home!
Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pie crust rolled out in a 9-inch pie dish (bottom only)
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 24 large marshmallows
- Wash and bake potatoes at 375° until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Peel sweet potatoes and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash potatoes slightly with a masher or fork just to get them started.
- Add sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and butter into mixing bowl with sweet potatoes, and beat together to combine.
- Pour sweet potato pie filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove pie from oven.
- Carefully top with marshmallows.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown (or darker depending on how much you like your marshmallows toasted)
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
If you liked this Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Potato Pie Recipe, you might also like
See More Pie Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.